Kingdom Outcomes: Day Two Highlights
Today are the highlights from day two at 2014 CLA National Conference in Dallas. The theme of this year’s conference is Kingdom Outcomes.
Most Popular TWEETS via #CLA 2014
@davidbpoetry Honored to be a part of @CLALeader this year. Amazing time speaking with Francia Chan last night. Excited for today! pic.twitter.com/lEOx1vycWZ
@AndreaRHowey Most important question: “What are we doing to drive people to God?” Internet+Tech Best Practices session @CLALeader #CLA14 #alwaysonlyJESUS
@InHISNameHR Be a Difference Maker this year! Focus on “One Big Idea”- Reignite your #Mission #Vision #Values @CLALeader #CLA14 pic.twitter.com/g6XWRWcq6B
@SoonerSing “The Cross is the hinge moment in history. The Cross set loose a stream of liberation throughout all of history.” –@yancey_sp #cla14
@BatlaG “The challenge for us is to lead Christians to care as much about this life as the next.” -Philip Yancey #CLA14
@ArnieAdkison When we conform to the pattern of the world we lose integrity. Integrity requires faith & courage. @ohfamily #CLA14
@HollyMDuncan “God moves best when we have the perspective that it’s all about Him, not about us.” Steve Douglass, Cru #CEOforum #CLA14
@trace360 Americans on avg send over 6 billion texts messages daily. 60% engage your website via mobile. Nonprofits be where donors are. #CLA14
@InHISNameHR Packing Hygiene Kits for the less fortunate! @claleader #cla2014 @WorldVisionUSA #DifferenceMaker http://instagram.com/p/m1Ef5nyhXM/
@billmckinleyII #CLA14, it is cool that we got to pack World Vision kits while listening to 33Miles pic.twitter.com/ag4PhyENBU
@DavidReimann Just finished the “Click” conference game at @CLALeader – Fun way to experience everything at this conference. #CLA14 pic.twitter.com/aBtRV6WxDB
- Our CEO forum kicked off with breakfast in the beautiful Union Station. Through the day, these amazing ministry leaders met, collaborated, heard from speakers, and shared ideas, all for the purpose of furthering the Kingdom.
- We had the privilege of having Michael Oh and Philip Yancey with us for this morning’s general session. Both gave challenging talks, encouraging leaders to live radically different lives and to live out the beauty of the Gospel in their ministries. All speakers have focused on encouraging leaders to break down things that divide them, live with integrity, and preach the Gospel — the true, counter cultural nature, not the institutionalized version of it — no matter what the cost.
- While workshops and academies continued, The Exhibit Hall was open throughout the day, giving leaders the chance to learn more about ministry partners and resources available to them. New to this year’s conference were the S3Labs, in-depth sessions with key sponsors and partners, giving CLA attendees the chance to dig deeper into ways their organization can grow.
- This evening, 33 Miles hosted a special acoustic concert in the Exhibit Hall while CLA attendees assembled World Vision hygiene kits to help provide needed supplies around the world.
- Attendees enjoyed a laid back evening, giving them a chance to mingle, network, enjoy meals together, and share ideas. Members of the CLA board and key sponsors collaborated during the Chairman’s Dinner, where Steve Douglass of Cru spoke, encouraging leaders about the way God is moving today.
If you are not able be on site with us this year, you can join via the live stream, powered by Ministry Grid. You can view all general sessions in real-time, HERE.
You can also join the conversation at the conference via social media using the #CLA14 hashtag. Many thanks to The A Group for serving as the CLA Social Media SWAT team.
NOW is the best time to register for THE OUTCOMES CONFERENCE, CLA Dallas 2015. BEST discounts on registration for the year!
What is Christian Leadership Alliance?
Christian Leadership Alliance equips and unites leaders to transform the world for Christ. We are the leaders of Christ-centered organizations who are dedicated to faithful stewardship for greater kingdom impact.