Content Contributor: CLA Advisory Council: Ed Morgan, Al Lopus, Dan Busby, Tom Okarma, and Tami Heim
Facilitator: Tami Heim - President / CEO
Last Day to Register: Sep 24, 2018
Module Start Date: Oct 01, 2018
- Explore the greatest leadership role model, transformational leadership cycle, how to develop your person leadership mission statement and guard your heart
- Learn how to define success and put into practices steward leadership responsibilities for Christ-centered Kingdom outcomes
- Understand the core competencies of a leader and how to develop them
- Review the core framework necessary to be in place for nonprofit board governance
- Understand the CEO’s relationship to the board in leading and maximizing board effectiveness
Module OverviewThe module is designed to provide the leader of a nonprofit organization an executive-level view of what is required for God-honoring personal, organizational and board leadership. Creating a roadmap, this module lifts a leader to higher thinking about the role of executive leadership and how senior leaders influence others, the organization, the board and those the organization exists to serve. This module is required for all those participating in the CCNL program. (Three sessions in Leadership; two sessions in Board Governance)
Requirements for Receiving CreditCredit for the module will be determined on the following criteria:
- Successful completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrating that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presentation content.
- Engage in all the topic forum discussions for all five sessions.
- John C. Maxwell & Tim Elmore, Second edition, The Maxwell Leadership Bible New King James Translation. Nashville, TN. Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. ISBN# 1418543330
- All other reading materials will be available to the participant via links and downloadable PDFs from within the online module, once it begins.
Tami Heim - President / CEO
Tami Heim has been the president and CEO of Christian Leadership Alliance, headquartered in San Clemente, CA, since January 2012.Her professional career includes executive leadership experience in the technology, marketing, publishing and retail industries. She has served as a partner in The A Group – Brand Development, executive vice president and chief publishing officer for Thomas Nelson Publishers, and as the president of Borders, Inc.After graduating from Purdue University in 1980, she entered the management-training program at Federated Department Stores and continued to serve in various leadership roles until she left in 1996. At the time of her departure, she was responsible for the operations of both the LAZARUS and Goldsmith’s chains. She has experience serving on the nonprofit boards of EQUIP, Lead Like Jesus, Christian Alliance for Orphans, Growing Leaders. Christianity Today, and Christian Leadership Alliance. Tami and her husband, Dale, are actively involved in ministry at Long Hollow Baptist Church. Since 2010, they have been leading mission teams to Haiti and are wholeheartedly committed to bringing the love of Christ to hundreds of orphans in Jeremie and Camatin.