Leadership From the Shepherd's Perspective
Learning ObjectivesLearning Objectives This course is designed to provide students with the following outcomes:
- To position shepherding as a universal godly leadership principle and understand that a fully biblically based leadership model leads to the most effective leadership behaviors.
- To view Provision, Protection, and Presence as pivotal elements of genuine shepherding.
- To establish absolute surrender to the Father as a requirement to be an effective, godly shepherd.
Leadership from the Shepherd's Perspective explores the biblical concept of shepherd leadership and the belief that the timeless model of the shepherd applies, as does God's Word – everywhere one influences and impacts others. The shepherd leadership principle is grounded in the three pivotal elements of Provision, Protection, and Presence. Shepherding is imperative to effectively influencing, moving, and leading from a fully biblically-based perspective from the Board room to on-site indigenous team members and volunteers, from the office to the field, and first-world to third-world countries.
During this course, participants will explore a shepherd's responsibilities for leading literal sheep. They will dive into their personal leadership experiences, dig into Scripture to translate biblical principles into immediately applicable and practical behaviors, and create a customized Shepherd's Operating Manual.
This course is a 20-point elective for the Credentialed Christian Nonprofit Leader (CCNL) program.
Requirements for Receiving CreditCredit for the course will be determined on the following criteria:
- The completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrate that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presentation content.
- Engage in all the topic forum discussions for all five sessions.