God's Word for Labor Day
Posted Sep 5, 2016
Reflections from God’s Word for Labor Day
In celebration of Labor Day, we turn to God’s word. We pray you will take time today to meditate on these scriptures and sink into God’s perspective on work. May you see, in a new way, the significance of the work God has called you to do. These verses are from the New International Version translation:
- Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. ~ Deuteronomy 15:10
- Do not take advantage of a hired worker who is poor and needy, whether that worker is a fellow Israelite or a foreigner residing in one of your towns. ~ Deuteronomy 24:14
- May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands. -Psalm 90:17
- You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. ~ Psalm 128:2
- Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense. ~ Proverbs 12:11
- All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. ~ Proverbs 14:23
- One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys. ~ Proverbs 18:9
- In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ~ Acts 20:35
- We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; ~I Corinthians 4:12
- Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. ~ I Corinthians 15:58
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, ~ Colossians 3:23
- …and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, ~ I Thessalonians 4:11
- God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. ~ Hebrews 6:10
- That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe. ~ Timothy 4:10
You need not labor alone!
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: ~ Ecclesiastes 4:9
There are few leadership experiences that transform a leader more than a powerful 1:1 mentoring relationship. Now, through the Outcomes Mentoring Network, you can find a leader who has the experience and expertise to guide you to a higher level of thinking and doing.
Here is how it works:
- You register and submit your profile via the Outcomes Mentoring Network website.. (Enrollment is now open every Monday!)
- Next, a CLA relationship administrator schedules an interview with you to better assess your needs and goals.
- Then your profile enters the mentoring platform, where it is matched against the expertise of over 100 experienced leaders serving in the CLA mentoring community.
- Once your ideal match is identified, the relationship administrator introduces you to your mentor and your six-month engagement begins!
Ready to get started? Today is the day!
CLA salutes the Outcomes Mentoring Network sponsors:
What is Christian Leadership Alliance?
Christian Leadership Alliance equips and unites leaders to transform the world for Christ. We are the leaders of Christ-centered organizations who are dedicated to faithful stewardship for greater kingdom impact.