The Credentialed Christian Leader Nonprofit Program
“The training was fantastic – the best I’ve had as a non-profit leader. I thank the Lord for all of the CLA team for equipping me to be a better Christ-following non-profit leader!“
~ CCNL Course Enrollee
The Credentialed Christian Nonprofit Leader (CCNL) program is designed to promote biblical principles and professional standards in Christian nonprofit organizations. This program exists because Christian nonprofits need leaders who have proven expertise and certified excellence in their professional fields.
Those who receive this credential will possess a proven multi-disciplinary understanding of nonprofit leadership. Training traverses all the critical areas of professional practice: executive leadership, resource development, financial management, tax and legal, board governance, people management and care, marketing and communication, and Internet and technology.
Two pathways – Online and classroom experiences
- Outcomes Academy Online Modules: Christian Leadership Alliance Online Learning offers an innovative new way to build your leadership skills right from your office or home! Each online module is comprised of 10 hours of in-depth Biblically-based learning. Individuals can learn more and register at www.christianleadershipalliance.org/academy.
- The Outcomes Conference: The key distinctive of this annual leadership training event is the outcomes-oriented higher thinking we offer you on the most critical issues facing Christian leaders today. We offer full-day Intensive seminars, Workshops, and special one-day events, including the CEO Forum and Christian Women in Leadership Forum. Participants can earn up to 40 CCNL points at the conference. Individuals can learn more and register at outcomesconference.org.
When an individual completes all required courses, obtains 100 educational points, and successfully completes the Capstone Project, they qualify for the credential.
|CCNL – Leadership (Leadership and Board Governance)
|CCNL – Stewardship (Finance, Tax & Legal, and People Management & Care)
|CCNL – Relationship (Resource Development, Marketing & Communications, and Internet & Technology)
|Total of 60 points
Earning the Balance CCNL Points
The remaining 40 points may be earned by enrolling in the CCNL online course electives or through participation in the learning experiences offered at The Outcomes Conference or through the Outcomes Conference Global Digital Experience!
The Capstone Project
Upon completing the 100 credits required, all program participants will be required to complete the Capstone Project, which the CCNL Capstone Review Council will review. Once approved, program participants will be awarded their credentials, connoting their professional acumen in Christian nonprofit leadership.
The Capstone Project is designed to display the competence of individuals who have completed their studies for the multi-disciplinary leadership of Christian nonprofit organizations. The Capstone Project will be a 2,000 to 3,000-word “90-Day Plan” for leading a Christian nonprofit organization.
The Capstone Project draws upon coursework completed, particularly the three required modules: CCNL Leadership (Leadership/Board Governance), CCNL Relationship(Communications & Marketing/Internet & Technology/Resource Development) and CCNL Stewardship (Financial Management/Tax & Legal/People Management and Care).
Details will be provided to participants upon completion of their 100 required credits.
Prerequisites to Enrollment in the CCNL Program
Any applicant with five years of for-profit or nonprofit leadership experience is welcome to enroll. If an applicant has less than five years, admittance will be evaluated based on the following criteria by the CCNL Administrator:
- 3-5 years of for-profit or nonprofit leadership experience
- Academic accomplishments and degrees
- Board Service
- Volunteer/missions service
After the qualification is completed, enrollment into the program is initiated.
Upon qualifying, each participant will receive personal guidance on planning his or her coursework schedule and learning experiences.
- $257.00 Alliance Members | $457.00 Non-Members
- Alliance Members receive discounts on all educational programs that earn CCNL credits. Go to www.christianleadershipalliance.org/membership to review the wide range of benefits, discounts, and resources that are a part of being a CLA Member.
- The CCNL Enrollment Fee covers only enrollment into the credential program. It is separate from the member-discounted fees for participating in coursework toward a credential through the Alliance via the Outcomes Academy Online or Outcomes Conference.
The initial CCNL Enrollment Period is valid for three (3) years. If an individual has not obtained their 100 (credential) points before the expiration of their enrollment, a re-enrollment fee will have to be paid to continue and complete the program.
Christian Leadership Alliance does not “bank” points for any courses taken before the beginning of the Initial Enrollment Period or before the Renewal Period begins. The Enrollment/Renewal Fees are separate from the cost of registration fees for all courses. CCNL Enrollment/Renewal fees are non-refundable.
A CCNL Credential must be renewed every three (3) years following the original credentialing date. Approximately twelve (12) months before the expiration of your CCNL Credential (the “Renewal Period”), Christian Leadership Alliance’s Administrator will notify you and send you a credential re-enrollment form.
You may begin accruing points towards your re-credential upon completing the form and paying a $97 re-enrollment fee. To receive your re-credential, you must earn 40 points before the expiration date of your original CCNL credential (during the Renewal Period).
Important Renewal Notes
Modules – Anyone renewing their credential who has not yet taken the multi-disciplinary CCNL Relationship, Leadership, and Stewardship modules must choose among those modules for renewal points. (Those who have taken those modules as a part of their original CCNL credential may choose from any modules for their renewal points.)
Make Your CCNL Count for Academic Credit
Now, your CCNL counts for even more through Christian Leadership Alliance’s relationship with City Vision University and York University Online.
Learn how you can receive academic credits through your CCNL credential!
For additional information about these opportunities, contact Cyndi Marcy, CCNL Administrator, at Cyndi.Marcy@christianleadershipalliance.org.