The Credentialed Christian Nonprofit Leader (CCNL) program is designed to promote biblical principles and professional standards in Christian nonprofit organizations. This program exists because Christian nonprofits need leaders who have proven expertise and certified excellence in their professional fields.
Those who receive the this credential will possess a proven multi-disciplinary understanding of nonprofit leadership. Training traverses all the critical areas of professional practice: executive leadership, resource development, financial management, tax and legal, board governance, people management and care, marketing and communication, and Internet and technology.
Two pathways – Online and classroom experiences
- Outcomes Academy Online Modules: Christian Leadership Alliance Online Learning is powered by Los Angeles Pacific University, and offers you an innovative new way to build your leadership skills right from your own office or home! Each online module is comprised of 10 hours of in-depth Biblically based learning. Individuals can learn more and register at www.christianleadershipalliance.org/academy.
- The Outcomes Conference: The key distinctive of this annual leadership-training event is the outcomes-oriented higher thinking we offer you on the most critical issues facing Christian leaders today. CLA offers full-day Intensive seminars, Workshops, and special one-day events, including the CEO Forum and Christian Women in Leadership Forum. Individuals can learn more and register at outcomesconference.org.
When an individual completes all required courses, obtains 100 educational points, and successfully completes the Capstone Project, they qualify for the credential.
|CCNL - Leadership (Leadership and Board Governance)||(20 points)|
|CCNL - Stewardship (Finance, Tax & Legal, and People Management & Care)||(20 points)|
|CCNL - Relationship (Resource Development, Marketing & Communications, and Internet & Technology)||(20 points)|
|Total of 60 points|
The remaining 40 points may be earned via other online modules or through participation in the learning experiences offered at The Outcomes Conference - CLA’s annual leadership training event.
The Online Academy and Outcomes Conference Point System:
|20||Outcomes Academy Online Module|
|Up to 40||The Outcomes Conference Three-Day Learning Experience|
|Up to 28||The Outcomes Conference Two-Day Learning Event|
The Capstone Project :
Upon completion of the 100 credits required, all program participants will be required to complete the Capstone Project which will be reviewed by the CCNL Capstone Review Council. Once approved, program participants will be awarded their credential, connoting their professional acumen in Christian nonprofit leadership.
The Capstone Project is designed to display the competence of individuals, having completed their studies, for multi-disciplinary leadership of Christian nonprofit organizations. The Capstone Project will be a 2,000 to 3,000 word “90-Day Plan” for leading a Christian nonprofit organization.
The Capstone Project draws upon coursework completed, particularly the three required modules: CCNL Leadership (Leadership/Board Governance), CCNL Relationship(Communications & Marketing/Internet & Technology/Resource Development) and CCNL Stewardship (Financial Management/Tax & Legal/People Management and Care).
Details will be provided to participants upon completion of their 100 required credits.
Prerequisites to enrollment in the CCNL Program:
Any applicant with five years of for profit or nonprofit leadership experience is welcome to enroll. If an applicant has less than five years, admittance will be evaluated based on the following criteria by the CCNL Administrator:
- Years of for profit or nonprofit leadership experience
- Academic accomplishment and degrees
- Board Service
- Volunteer/missions service
After the qualification is completed, enrollment into the program is initiated.
Upon qualifying, each participant will receive personal guidance on planning his or her coursework schedule and learning experiences.
- $259.00 Alliance Members/$459.00 Non-Members
- Alliance Members receive discounts on all educational programs that earn CCNL credits. Go to www.christianleadershipalliance.org/membership to review the wide range of benefits, discounts and resources as a part of being a CLA Member. Note: The CCNL Enrollment Fee covers only enrollment into the credential program. It is separate from the member-discounted fees for participating in coursework toward a credential through the Alliance via the Outcomes Academy Online or Outcomes Conference.
Initial CCNL Enrollment Period is valid for three (3) years. If individual has not obtained their 100 (credential) points prior to the expiration of their enrollment, a re-enrollment fee will have to be paid in order to continue and complete the program.
Christian Leadership Alliance does not “bank” points for any courses taken prior to the beginning of the Initial Enrollment Period or before the Renewal Period begins. The Enrollment/Renewal Fees are separate from the cost of registration fees for all courses. CCNL Enrollment/Renewal fees are non-refundable.
A CCNL Credential must be renewed every three (3) years following original date of credentialing. Approximately twelve (12) months prior to the expiration of your CCNL Credential (the "Renewal Period"), Christian Leadership Alliance's Administrator will notify you and send you a credential re-enrollment form.
You may begin accruing points towards your re-credential upon completion of the form and payment of a $99 re-enrollment fee. To receive your re-credential, you must earn 40 points prior to the expiration date of your original CCNL credential (during the Renewal Period).
Important Renewal Notes:
Modules - Anyone renewing their credential who has not yet taken the multi-disciplinary CCNL Relationship, Leadership and Stewardship modules, must choose from among those modules for renewal points. (Those who have taken those modules as a part of their original CCNL credential may choose from any modules for their renewal points.)
Make Your CCNL Count for Academic Credit
Now your CCNL counts for even more through Christian Leadership Alliance's relationship with City Vision University and York College Online.
Learn how you can receive academic credits through your CCNL credential!
For additional information about these opportunities, contact Heather Martin at (949) 487-0900, ext. 118 or email email@example.com