12 Workshops to Equip Financial Leaders
Christian Leadership Alliance has a rich history, and many dynamic leaders have invested in this organization through the years. The name has changed several times, but the dedication to providing Christian leaders with the best in educational resources has always been at the forefront of all we have done.
It all began on March 20, 1976, when a group of 20 financial nonprofit ministry leaders met for the first time in a small meeting room inside the old Rodger Young Auditorium in Los Angeles. Prompted by Ted Engstrom, the CEO of World Vision International, they were eager to discover how they might do things better. They all shared their best practices and then implemented what they learned. That meeting became the first of many meetings of the Christian Financial Executives Association, which is now known as Christian Leadership Alliance.
The founders identified a true felt-need for professional growth and practical understanding of business fundamentals among nonprofit ministry leaders. Their ultimate goal was to provide practical training from a biblical perspective on how to run better Christian organizations. What they envisioned is exactly what CLA continues to do, almost 40 years later.
The focus on financial management, tax and legal issues remains a cornerstone of the CLA lifelong learning experiences. Below you will find what is planned for this year at The Outcomes Conference: CLA Dallas 2015. Explore the workshops offered by clicking the link and take note of the impressive faculty on hand to invest in financial leaders at this annual event.
- Randy Marsh, Ministry Development Officer ECCU
- Michael Martin, Vice President and Legal Counsel ECFA
- John Van Drunen, Executive Vice President & General Counsel ECFA
- Michael E. Batts, CPA, Managing Partner Batts Morrison Wales & Lee
- Harry Nelson, CIMAA, Exec. Director, Retirement and Investment Sales Guidestone Financial Resources
- Joe Williams, Director Financial Planning & Analysis Cru
- Chris Adams, Corporate Reporting Team Leader Cru
- Bryan Taylor, CFA, Chief Investment Officer Cornerstone Management Inc.
- Rhett Butler, Director of Government Relations Gammon & Grange Consulting
- Bruce Bruinsma, CEO and Co-Founder Envoy Financial
- Bethany Palmer, President & Co-Founder Envoy Financial
- Stuart J. Lark, Partner Bryan Cave LLP
- David Zetoony, Partner Bryan Cave LLP
- Adam Smith, Tax Manager Capin Crouse LLP
If you have not registered for The Outcomes Conference: CLA Dallas 2015, there is still time. If you are currently a CLA member and you register four people at one time, you earn a fifth registration free. Don’t miss this time of equipping and uniting with other like-minded Christian leaders.
See you in Dallas!
What is Christian Leadership Alliance?
Christian Leadership Alliance equips and unites leaders to transform the world for Christ. We are the leaders of Christ-centered organizations who are dedicated to faithful stewardship for greater kingdom impact.