The Necessity of Thanks By Rich Haynie
Practice “Thanks” and “Commending” Others
There is joy in giving thanks. In this calling of identifying God’s provision of resources for His Kingdom work, we workers accentuate the absolute necessity to “thank” our financial partners/supporters. However, too many of these generous stewards of God’s resources are not thanked even once, much less several times as might be appropriate.
To counteract this faux pas, we take a different approach in the One Challenge Philosophy of Ministry (POM). Since “God owns it all”1 and the supporters are stewards, we COMMEND them for going to the Owner and asking for His instructions about His resources. When they are moved by the Spirit to be generous, we COMMEND them for obedience to His leading.
The magnificent result is 2 Cor 9:12-14.
“This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you.”
This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. And in their prayers for you, their hearts will go out to you (the steward), because of the surpassing grace God has given you (the steward).
This is ministry!
Rich Haynie is currently the Senior Director of Stewardship Ministries at One Challenge International. He served 24 years in the United States Air Force and has been helping Christian non-profits find resources for their Kingdom work for 35 years.
Don’t miss what is happening this month at Christian Leadership Alliance!
- The Winter edition of Outcomes Magazine is live NOW with a focus on Sustainability
- Episode 7 of the Outcomes Conference Podcast launches TODAY. Learn about Faith and Finances from Bryan Taylor (and you can catch up on any you missed, too)
- Outcomes Academy Online – Winter term: Registration is open now through January 6
- Enroll in the Outcomes Leadership Core Powered by Lead Like Jesus. You can get started on your program certificate by enrolling in the Outcomes Academy Online – Winter term, Lead Like Jesus course
- Register now for the Outcomes Conference 2020 to take advantage of early savings!
What you are not a member? What are you waiting for?
Find the place where a leader like you belongs!
Join Christian Leadership Alliance Today
What is Christian Leadership Alliance?
Christian Leadership Alliance equips and unites leaders to transform the world for Christ. We are the leaders of Christ-centered organizations who are dedicated to faithful stewardship for greater kingdom impact.